Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"W"

     I've been crafting with felt a lot lately. It's so forgiving and I can think of a billion things to do with it. And it's cheap. Can't beat that! I had this wooden "W" in my craft box for years now not knowing what I wanted to do with it.
     I'm working on another project with felt (not revealing until I'm done with it) and I got inspired so I covered the "W" with a bunch of cut out flowers. It's pretty self explanatory but below is a quick walk through.




 You will need:
1. Felt
2. Scissors
3. Index cards or paper
4. Hot glue gun
5. A letter
6. Rhinestones
7. Marker

Directions:
1. With your marker and index card or paper, draw a few different flowers and cut out. These will be your stencils to cut your felt. If you free cut the felt it's not so pretty so trust me, make a stencil.

2. Free cut small circles from the felt. These will be your flower centers. It's okay if they're different sizes. It gives it some character.

3. Once all your felt is cut you can mix and match the flowers and circles layering them until you get your desired colors and such.

4. Hot glue your layered flowers together with a rhinestone on top before gluing them to the letter.

5. Once all your individual flowers are finished you can position them on the letter as you like and glue them down. That's all there is to it!


This project took me only a couple of hours. You can add a ribbon to hang it with or be creative in other ways!
I may end up making it a hair bow holder for my daughter... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love & leave a comment