You Will Need:
- 6 Bell peppers (Any color but I prefer green)
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. Cooked rice OR one bag of boil in a bag rice
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 can Tomato sauce (14 oz.)
- Cheese to top the peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop the core & seeds out with a spoon.
- Cook the ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add seasonings and turn heat to warm.
- Boil rice until fully cooked.
- Drain excess grease from meat.
- In a bowl or skillet combine meat mixture, rice, and can of tomato sauce. Stir until blended.
- Spoon meat and rice mixture into hollow bell peppers until full.
- Top filled peppers with a generous amount of cheese.
- Stand upright in a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- When buying bell peppers for this dish, make sure they stand fairly upright and don't lean. Or you will have a meaty mess in your oven.
- Cover the bottom of your casserole dish with tin foil so if anything spills over like the cheese, you can just toss the foil and the casserole dish is clean in the end. Less dishes! Woo hoo!
- Don't leave any straggling seeds in your hollow bell peppers. Clean them out well.