You Will Need:
- 5-6 Large red potatoes OR a whole bag of the mini reds
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
I didn't put exact amounts on the seasonings because it's really up to you how much you want them seasoned. Just kind of eyeball it and taste as you go. It's all about preferences with these.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the red potatoes into cubed pieces. Note: If you make the cubes too big they won't cook through and if you slice them too small they will be chewy and not light and fluffy.
- In a skillet heat about a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and throw in the potato cubes.
- While potatoes are in the skillet season to your liking.
- Cook potatoes until halfway tender and golden brown.
- Drizzle oil on a cookie sheet and transfer potatoes from skillet.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the top of the potatoes and season a bit more.
- Bake potatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender all the way through.
Please not that if you bake them too long they will end up chewy. And that's no bueno. The goal is for them to be crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
I find that these go best with any kind of fish. They would be good with poultry as well. :)