Friday, February 3, 2012

Ello Gov'na

When my daughter talks she sounds British 90% of the time and I always joke about me not knowing where she really came from. Even people in public are like, "Whoa! Did you hear that? She sounds like a foreigner!" Then they proceed to try to imitate her. I'm not even joking. So one of my best friends Amanda suggested that I should just start talking to her in a British accent all the time to see how it affects her. I just picture my child growing up talking with a British accent; Then all of her peers will be so intrigued to know where she's from even though she was born and raised in Texas. I think I'm going to persuade her to start saying "Ello Gov'na" just for shits and giggles. I'll get back to you when this little British accent trial is over ;) I'm gonna go have some tea and crumpets now with my pinky finger up.
Credits to the flag.

3 comments:

  1. Lol you should post a video or just a recording of her talking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I tell her to talk for a video or on the phone she refuses. I'll have to try to catch her at random moments. I'll see if I can get a good video!

      Delete

Show some love & leave a comment