Sunday, January 29, 2012

Target Peep Show

My daughter is a great shopping buddy. Yes, she may yell in the store and call passing strangers "Daddy", but she never tells me I look bad when I try clothes on and she never nags at me for spending too much.
The other day we were going to Target. Before we left I dressed her in this really cute pink dress. I couldn't find the little bloomers to go under it. I didn't think it was a big deal; I mean, no one was going to see that she didn't have any on so we went about our day.
We arrive at Target, get out of the car, I take her hand in mine and we walk through the parking lot to the store. You know that small part right before you reach the front doors where you have to look both ways to make sure cars aren't coming even though you assume they'll stop anyways? Well we looked, and about 4 cars had stopped for us to cross. We start walking towards the door when my daughter stops. I thought she was just dilly dallying around so I gave her a little tug, still, no movement. I look to see what the hold up was and her diaper fell right to her ankles while she was walking. Apparently she had time to loosen it up in the car. While her diaper is around her ankles she is lifting her dress up to point out to me (and the whole Target parking lot) that she was indeed diaper-less. Mortified of my bare-bottomed child in the middle of the crossing, I scooped her up still trying to keep my head high. I then realized that her diaper was stuck to the Velcro on her shoe. I tried to grab it but ended up looking even more like a fool so I walk into Target with a half naked baby and a diaper dangling from her shoe. People looked at me like I definitely deserved the mother of the year award.
So just a word of advice to mothers about their daughter's dresses... If your child is still in diapers and you plan on putting a dress on her, do not, and I repeat do not forget the bloomers.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Will totally keep that in mind as Meesha gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh my goodness Stephanie. That was definitely a good laugh... And I needed one. You look like you've got a gift of writing. Keep up the good work and I'll be checking in again soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love & leave a comment