Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another Green Smoothie - The Peanut Butter = Even Better For Some

I received some comments that the peanut butter in my original green smoothie was an odd twist to it and some wanted an alternative "sweetener". So for all you non-peanut butter lovers in my smoothie out there, here's another one for ya. It's a little fruitier.

Ingredients:
2 Frozen bananas (pre-peel and cut before freezing. Trust me on this.)
1/2 c. Vanilla greek yogurt
1/4 c. 2% milk or Almond milk, your choice
2 Kiwis skin removed
1 tablespoon Honey
Enough fresh baby spinach to fill the rest of your blender to the top

Directions:
Throw everything in your blender and blend. Then be prepared to feel a burst of energy to get your through your whole morning. Or afternoon. Or whatever.




Does anyone else feel like the appropriate name for this smoothie should be the Ninja Turtle Smoothie? Because I do. Oh look, I just named my smoothie.

2 comments:

  1. Never made mine with honey or kiwi. I think I am gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, adding honey instead of peanut butter gives it just the right sweetness. And the kiwi makes it a little more fruity and not so dull in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love & leave a comment